Dec 5, 2009

Amanda Knox Verdict

I've read this news on the net awhile ago and I can't believe what this young lady had done. Amanda Knox, an American College student, and her Italian ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were found guilty for stabbing to death her roomate, Meredith Kercher, a 21-year-old student from England.

Knox was sentenced to 26 years in prison and Sollecito was sentenced to 25 years. The two also were found guilty of sexual assault to Meredith Kercher.

I don't know exactly how I would react to this story. It's really hard to judge but after reading this article, I guess all I can say is that how these young kids wasted their lives. If they were indeed influenced by drugs, I hope other people will learn something out from this. They should see the effect on drugs and I guess it's also necessary that parents should see that their kids are at the right company.

To know more about this story, please refer to CNN Justice. You can read how the trial went and how the verdict was read to the accused.

1 comments:

Eric Davidson

This Knox trial reminds me why I would never be a lawyer on either side of the system. There is so much room for misjudgment, or egregious error, that it would be difficult to sleep soundly every night.