Nov 5, 2009

Play It Like Joe Satriani

My brothers are good guitar players and so is my husband. Unfortunately, I am not like them. I knew how to strum the guitar though and I can read the chords but I can't play without the chords. I am not good in oido either and I don't know guitar picking and plucking! I so envy them. Well, at least I still know how to play ;-)

My older brother collected albums of some great guitar players like Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai to name a few. I once listened Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien album and I so love the tune of Always with Me, Always with You. He was really good! I showed it to my then bf (now my husband) and he liked it that up til now, he kept playing it with his electric guitar!

Anyway, Joseph "Satch" Satriani is an American multi-instrumentalist, known as an instrumental rock guitarist. Early in his career, Satriani worked as a guitar instructor, and some of his former students have achieved fame with their guitar skills e.g. Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett, Charlie Hunter. He is currently the lead guitarist for the supergroup Chickenfoot (source: wikipedia).

Sharing to you the video of Always with Me, Always with You via YouTube. Enjoy the music!